In this embroidery class, you will learn how to create a beautiful, textured moss embroidery, incorporating natural crystals and gemstones, using a unique, hand painted piece of linen.
You will learn how to:
- Use four basic embroidery stitches; Turkey work, French knots, long and short stitch and Satin stitch, using a variety of silk, wool and cotton threads
- Use basic beading techniques.
- Create your own moss like composition, full of texture and vibrant colour, incorporated the painted linen.
You’ll also have the opportunity to view original textile Art pieces for inspiration, and learn about the design process when planning your piece.
What you'll get:
You will be provided with an embroidery kit, with everything you need to create a finished piece. This kit will include:
- an original hand painted piece of linen, and a piece of plain linen to practice on.
- a variety of threads, in silk, wool and cotton, in shades of green.
- a small collection of glass beads and natural gemstone beads
- a small embroidery hoop
- a chenille needle, a beading needle and an embroidery needle
What to bring
- Small sharp scissors (spares will be available on the day).
- Glasses if needed for close work.