Tutor: Merrilyn Whittle
Date: Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 November
Total Tuition: $220 plus kit
Choice of 2 projects; Starburst Coin Purse or Elegant Daisy Scissor Keep
* Starburst Coin Purse *
Available in 5 colour choices; Bottle Green, Green Tea(Lime), Cream, Teal and Red
Worked in Traditional Japanese Bead Embroidery Techniques, you will create a beautiful coin purse which sits comfortably in the palm of your hand.
* Elegant Daisy Scissor Keep or Christmas Decoration *
This elegant scissor keep, which can also be made into a Christmas Decoration or even a key tag, is available in 2 colour choices black and green and was published in Inspirations Magazine Issue 91 in late 2016. This project is suitable for both beginners to this form of embroidery but who have some Embroidery experience as well as for those who have tried the technique before.
These projects are designed to give the complete beginner to Japanese Bead Embroidery an introduction to:
• controlling where and how individual beads lie in relation to other beads
• understanding some types of beads and their properties in design use
• understanding stitch length, stitch direction and placement in relation to a simple design
• understanding beginners Working order of Japanese Bead Embroidery
• understanding pin stitches and their application at this level
• simple placement and working of bead circles
• understanding basic scatter effects with beads
• straight line couching
• laying of curved lines using koma/needle couching
• working and understanding simple raised bead effects
These project swill introduce students to some of the basic skills and techniques unique to this stunning form of embroidery. The class kit contains all the materials required to complete the project, along with a comprehensive set of step-by-step instructions ,which include colour diagrams, covering all the embroidery & construction techniques. All Merrilyn's Kits include high-quality Toho Japanese glass beads.