A biscornu is a small, octagonal, stuffed ornamental pincushion. ... Beads, tassels and other objects can decorate the biscornu. They are typically able to fit in the palm of your hand. The name is derived from the French adjective, biscornu, meaning skewed, quirky or irregular.
This little biscornu features the Mother Elephant with her calf tucked in to her body on the top of the cushion and a geometric design undernath. The colours are bright and colourful but you could easily chooose your own combination.
- 5" x 5" on 14 count Aida (or 28 count linen as shown)
- when sewn together as shown, the pincushion is 4.5" in diameter and 2" high
Suggested fabric: 28ct linen
- full color chart printed on heavy cardstock
- list of DMC thread colors
- color photo for reference
Please note that this product is a chart only.
Linen and threads are sold separately, please let us know if you would like us to put a kit together for you.
Join our eNews list
We will keep you up to date with our latest products, classes
and other stitch news.