Out of Stock
Tutor: Amy Jones
Date: Sunday 15 November
Total Tuition: $140 includes all materials, balance of $70 payable at the class.
In this embroidery class, you will learn how to create a beautiful, textured embroidery, incorporating natural crystals and gemstones, using a unique, hand painted piece of linen.
You will learn how to:
- Use four basic embroidery stitches; Turkey work, French knots, long and short stitch and Satin stitch, using a variety of silk, wool and cotton threads
- Use basic beading techniques.
- Create your own moss like composition, full of texture and vibrant colour, incorporated the painted linen.
Choose your favourite jewel from this list or ask us to create a kit in your favoutie precious stone;
Lapis Lazuli (dark blue)
Aquamarine (light blue/mauve)
Garnet (deep red)
Rose Quartz (Light pink)
You’ll also have the opportunity to view original textile Art pieces for inspiration, and learn about the design process when planning your piece.
What you'll get:
You will be provided with an embroidery kit, with everything you need to create a finished piece. This kit will include:
- an original hand painted piece of linen, and a piece of plain linen to practice on.
- a variety of threads, in silk, wool and cotton
- a small collection of glass beads and natural gemstone beads
- a small embroidery hoop
- a chenille needle, a beading needle and an embroidery needle
What to bring
- Small sharp scissors (spares will be available on the day).
- Glasses if needed for close work.
Join our eNews list
We will keep you up to date with our latest products, classes
and other stitch news.